Sunday, April 22

Rescue!

We were interrupted over lunch one day with a loud chop-chop-chop over our heads. Soon we saw a helicopter with a rescue water bag coming down from the Rigi behind us to the lake. The first time it filled up we thought it was a drill. The next twenty times told us that there was a real fire and that's how they were putting it out. As we took the train down from the top of the mountain, we saw a big burned area, luckily not anywhere near homes or the large forest.




Next post I'll show photos of our hike up the Rigi, but I thought I would first share photos of the hike up from the main road to the apartment. It's the second house to the end of the street and it takes seven switch-backs in the road to make it up as high as we are. Our last hike up I took a photo at each bend of the road so you can walk up with us.













No comments: