
This little strip of land, which I'm not quite sure you could call an island, is called Rendezvous Cay. You could see the coral beneath the water in the light colored places.

The view beneath the sea was amazing. Lots of coral and sea cucumbers and sea fans and some fish. The water was really chilly, though, and not as clear as it is in some Caribbean islands, but it was a great experience. I also got to swim, a little unknowingly, with a long barracuda. I'm happy to report that I still have all my fingers and toes.

The "island" has some of the sea life washed up on its shores, I don't have an underwater camera, so this is the best I can do to show you some of what I saw.....

1 comment:
Oh how I would have loved to have joined you on this tour! One of these years I am going to snorkling to see coral reefs. Maybe I should start practicing here at Jewett Lake... Well maybe not now. The lake isn't froze over yet - but the ponds are starting to.
Post a Comment