Saturday, November 22

Key West

I've been to Key West so many times and have just walked around, shopping, eating, and visiting the post office. In my last two times there I decided to check out some of the many museums on the island. Last week I was able to go to the Pirate Soul museum, which was really, really cool, but unfortunately didn't allow photos inside. I also got to go to the Shipwreck museum, which had a lot of artifacts from the wrecks on the coral just off the island. Key West is the lowest key (if I remember correctly) and a lot of ships ran aground near there on their way from the Gulf of Mexico to the East Coast. Check out some of the inside of the museum:


One of the interactive exhibits was this mannequin. His face was the screen, which you can kind of see in the photograph. It didn't look 100% like a real person, but I've never seen something like that before.

They also preserved one of the lookout towers.

I climbed up to snap photos of the island.

No comments: