Saturday, January 20

Ship Tour 2

Do you remember my last post that said we only had three weeks left, almost like I was bragging? Well, I jinxed us because that night we heard from the office that they would love it if we extended for a month on the Wind Spirit, the ship we were originally going on. Now there seems to be three options for us to choose from, as much as we can choose, I suppose, when dealing with other people's schedules and timing, too. So we'll be back in Switzerland in the middle of March at the earliest and the end of April at the latest. I'll let you know when I know, but there will be a lot more tropical adventures to post about until then.

Continuing our ship tour, I start at the gym. Woohoo! It's got a couple treadmills and an elliptical that I like using as well as the required weights and machines. I go every other day first thing in the morning--give me another woohoo! :)





Now it became a little tricky walking around the ship. I don’t want to show too many people's faces, but the casino is only open certain times of the day, just like the piano playing in lounge, and of course people go. So the photos aren't the greatest, but I'll try to describe them better.

The casino is a room off the lounge that has two walls lined with slot machines like the ones you see here. Then there are two tables for card games that people were crowded around so I didn't take a picture.



The lounge is open all day long, but in the evening is open for cocktails, music, and games like Name that Tune. This is also where the captain does his introductions and Remko is introduced every week. It has some great sculptures on the tables that I'll take a photo of for next time.



One more Ship Tour post is on its way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah!
Thanks for doing the ship tour! I really like seeing it all!
Can you take pictures of the crew area? (where you eat, is there a entertainment area, etc)
Soak up those warm temps! It was cold in the Twin Cities this past weekend watching Scott play in the US Pond Hockey Championship. The BSU Beavers Reloaded (Scott's team) won 3 games, lost 1. It was a fun "winter vacation".
Lisa