Wednesday, September 17

Party

Saturday night we had to have a party to celebrate our marriage. Because my wedding dress was so fragile, I have yet to bring it across the ocean in its large drycleaners' box. Instead, we made the event a theme party, if you wanted to participate. Is there a better theme for us than Nautical? Remko wore his uniform and I was a mermaid.

My friend Summer lent me her hair to complete my outfit. I think it turned out well. :)

I also found out that in Holland, it's not unheard of to have family and friends come up with songs and skits about the couple to perform at a reception. We asked Remko's cousin Joyce to be the mistress of ceremonies and send out an email inviting anyone to participate. Who knew we had this much talent in the family? The first act: The Love Boat with original costumes by a fabulous designer.

Second, a custom song in Dutch by Remko's aunt and uncle and performed by them and their children (and Joyve!).

Next, we had a skit by Remko's uncle, I mean, Rear-Admiral Bünzli.

No photos of this one, but a nice presentation by Remko's parents' neighbors. Then another song, this time in English, about the life of a Wild Sailor......

And last, who would have doubted that my family would bring the can-can to Switzerland?

It was a great night with great talent and lots of fun!

1 comment:

Heidi Kaisand said...

What wonderful memories! And, I love the hair extensions. Who knew? Leah with long hair.