Monday, October 1

The Cow Blog 2


It may not be the best idea in the name of variety to have two posts in a row about cows, but I have to share these photos that Särah took this weekend in Weggis. There was a farmer's market in the literal sense of the word--cows tied to make-shift fences in the downtown parking lot for judging and auction.

It all started at 10am and by 3:30pm it was finished and the farmers with their cows and prizes marched through the streets back to the farm. AND they decorated their cows with flowers and flags. I'm so lucky Särah was visiting because although we were both ready with our cameras, my batteries decided to play dead. So this blog has a guest photographer--didn't she take some awesome photos? We almost got run over by cows running down the street, but she got the shot. :) A group of 4-6 people would stretch a rope in a large square and guide the cows home with that.

It was crazy in some moments: Some people had better control of their cows than others, but I think there was only 1 runaway and she was caught quickly as the crowds of amateur photographers parted. Aren't the cows so pretty?





Särah also took videos and I'll post them tomorrow.

Also, keep voting for your favorite cow photo. Before Dorothy's vote (which I haven't yet added to the list because my tally sheet is in the other room--so lazy!) two photos were tied for first with SEVEN tied for third. That means Mom gets to keep 10 instead of 5. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the cow pictures!! Definitely a highlight from my trip. Thanks again Leah and Remko for being my tour guides : )
-sarah

Karen said...

Leah...thanks for sharing your gorgeous pictures, especially the cows. I love their floral "hats". Switzerland must be an awesome place to live!