Monday, July 30

Best of....Yikes!

We got home last Monday, and since it's been a week, I figured I could start shooting some photos of Switzerland. Then I went through the photos I took while on this contract. 1075. Yeah, that's over a thousand photos in seven weeks. I surprised myself and knew I couldn't leave those photos just yet. This morning I went through and tried to quickly choose my favorites and favorite stories that I haven't shared yet. Again, I ended up with more than I thought. Here goes:

Best Reference to an '80s classic:

This faded comic was hanging in a store window in Norway. I love Three Men and a Baby!

Best Cow:

This patchwork cow was in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Best Storefront:

Sponge and sea creature store in Rhodes, Greece. It made me want to shop there, although that doesn't always take a lot....

Most Funny-looking Car:

Okay, this mode of transport in Oslo, Norway wouldn't take you far, but I thought it was funny. Vrooom, vrooom!

Best Mode of Transport:

Since we're talking about getting from one place to another, I thought I'd throw in the donkeys of Santorini. It was an interesting experience to know that you are totally not in control, so interesting in fact that I walked down. This is a donkey I found in the middle of the path. He hissed at me. Maybe it's not best mode....

Coolest Cash Register:

Old school in Estonia

Coolest Classically Dressed Man:

Okay, so it's a stretch, but this cellist made me laugh in Gaudi's park in Barcelona.

Best Choir

This group of singers walked around the streets of Copenhagen singing pop songs, like Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River" in four-part harmony. Cool.

Hey, that's my chair!

Walking down the street in Tallinn, Estonia, I had to take this bad photo of the inside of a restaurant because we share the same "Gilbert" chairs from IKEA!

Best Viking:

Okay, so these girls wouldn't scare me into giving up my treasure, but they did look funny fixing themselves walking down the street of small-town Geiranger, Norway.

Best Skyline:

Seriously now, Tallinn, Estonia was a beautiful city.

Best Cow 2:

Crap, I already have this category, but this cow made of GRASS!! is so cute.

Best Waterfalls

Apparently it's so wet in Norway right now that locals think there's more waterfalls done the fjords than any other summer in recent history.

Best Random Man in a Photo:

I waited and waited to take this photo of this bridge in Venice, and this guy stepped in just as I was ready to take a people-free shot.

Best Scenic Cruising:

Norway was and still is beautiful. I was out on deck, even in the rain, more than I have on any other cruise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great following your journey online!

y

Anonymous said...

Off-topic, this site has some really unique quilted bags, thought you may get inspired!

y

Anonymous said...

http://www.ihanna.nu/shop/?cat=16