Thursday, July 26

Oslo, Part 3

After Vigeland Park last Saturday, we headed to the Munch Museum, home to another of Oslo's famous artists, Edvard Munch. His well-known painting, The Scream, still is under restoration after being returned from a robbery in 2004, but the rest of the paintings, woodcuts, and sketches were worth seeing. I love his use of color.


From the museum we decided we could find our way back with a map--three inches couldn't be that far to walk.... It was, but didn't feel that way because there was so much to look at and enjoy. The majority of the walk was on a large pedestrian street filled with people out enjoying the beautiful Saturday afternoon and other people trying to sell them stuff. :) Street musicians set up at least one every block, their tunes sometimes colliding. There were even droves of walking balloon-twisting clowns! This guy dressed as a cow, of course I had to get his photo.

A stall we had to stop at was full of inch-thick homemade licorice in a multitude of flavors. We shared a string of Tutti Fruitti, the same in English and Norwegian. Yum!

I didn't buy one of these hats this time around, but I had to get their photo.

No comments: