Thursday, July 12

The Last Sunny Day

Ten days ago we were in Ârhus, Denmark, and although it was a Sunday and most shops and restaurants were closed, two friends and I walked around the little town for hours. Why? It was SUNNY!! Unfortunately in the ten days that passed since then, we’ve had the sun for maybe an hour in the morning. Today we’re back in Ârhus and although it’s Thursday and things are open, I’m staying on the ship because it’s about 10º cooler, cloudy, with bits of rain. To cheer me up and to share with you, I’m posting photos of the last sunny day.


The center of the old town has a canal running down it with cafes and cute stores on both sides. We peered in many-a window and drooled over the fabulous wares inside, adding further insult to our injury (they were all closed!) by the only English word posted for tourists, “Sale.” Remko’s happy I saved money and I guess I don’t have room in my suitcase.

One spot I had to capture was an intersection of bridges over the canal. Three in one place. I thought that was pretty cool.


Something else cool was a space-y fountain that if I were a four-year-old boy like these, I would have played in, too.

Tomorrow the Garrison Keillor charter is boarding. Further updates to follow! YEAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leah I added you to my link list, I want everyone to see the lovely places you visit!
http://patsloan.typepad.com/