Sunday, June 1

Continuing the Greatest Day

Right after our amazing flight experience over Glacier Bay, we were brought to Jewell Gardens in Skagway where they now have glass blowing demonstrations. Each person is also allowed to make their own glass ball. First you get to choose what color you'd like.

Then the artist heats up a piece of glass. I chose aqua, which is what the shards are in the front of the photo.

The artist then rolls the hot glass in the shards.

Then we get the chance to blow the round blob of glass into a bulb. Don't I look great in a lab coat? Ha!

And after we get to pose with the final result. It had to continue cooling overnight, so I won't be able to see it until next week when we're in Skagway again.

Cool, right? And a perfect way to end a great day!

No comments: