I know, I know I said I would post more photos to the blog while we're home and I've got half of the equation right--we've managed to take some good ones to show you, I've just not managed to have the patience to upload them on the dial-up internet at my parents' house. But I've got a stack of thank yous to write and today (along with tomorrow and the next day) is set aside to update all of you. Thank you for your patience!

Remko and I arrived at midnight last Wednesday night, so it's almost exactly a week that we've been here. We've seen snow and sun and fog, but we don't think it's all going to be melted by the wedding. The ice is 27" thick, so our mini-golf challenge will still be possible. As the sun came up this morning, it created some pretty colors on the ice. Check it out:


This morning Remko and I took a walk around the inside of the lake, enjoying the sun. I think it's only in the mid-30s, but there was no wind and the sun was hot enough that we both had our hats, gloves, and even jackets off once we got back to the house. Along the way we saw evidence of the ice fisherman who have been on the lake all winter long. Remko saw the sock in the ice in the picture below and thought I should share how Minnesotans do the laundry. :)

More tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment