After Kinderdijk, we drove to Vlaardigen to Remko's aunt and uncle's house where his cousin's bachelor party was. We set tables and blew up a life raft, which was part of the entertainment. The honeymoon is on a sailboat in the Seychelles, so Remko gave a brief safety instruction in the pool where the groom had to get in the raft in the water and so on while the rest of the guests watched. Apparently it was a hit--I was on the other side of town with his aunt and girl cousin. The next day we were on our way south to Vlissingen where Remko went to nautical school. On the way there, we stopped on the coast to see lighthouses.....


and the beach...

and the sand dunes in between.



Really cool area and worth the hour-long stopover. Tomorrow onto Vlissingen.
I almost forgot--this is the landmark 100th post. Can you believe I've written so much?
2 comments:
Leah,
Love these day trip photos! I like the candy-striped lighthouse, and so cool that people live in those windmills.
Did I already tell you that I adore that peaceful photo you took of your quilt blocks out to dry? With the mountain backdrop? Anyway, what a great capture.
Katie
Finally some picture with you guys in them :P
Looks like things are going great for you guys. Keep up the posting!
Post a Comment