Tuesday, September 25

Last Days

Sunday we drove to Schenkon for all the parents to meet. On the way there, Mom wanted to stop at Kussnacht to take a photo of this cool hotel/restaurant.

Who did we see walking down the street but Michiel, Remko's brother, who just moved to Kussnacht last week. Crazy reunion--what timing.

Another stop along the way was Sempach, on the lake near Remko's parents' place, a beautiful old Swiss town center.

Irene made such an amazing meal for us all. I think I'm still full. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Monday we walked down to Vitznau to take the train up the Rigi. Mom caught the boat just behind the Park Hotel.

The train was really crowded on the way up, but we made it to the top.

We stopped at the second stop from the peak to check out the hotel we're renting for our Swiss wedding reception next year.

It still has the great view we remembered....

At the top we took some photos similar to the ones we took when we visited the mountain in 2001 when Mom, Dad, and Scott came over to see me when I was studying abroad. It's so strange that I live here now!

To get good use out of our free travel day, we took the train down the opposite side of the mountain and up a cable car to another part of the Rigi. There we found this cool bench. I didn't know Paul Bunyan visited Switzerland.

On the way back up we were able to capture photos of the waterfalls we missed on the way down.

Once back at home, I found Mom was susceptible to the Pilatus virus. Here's her best shot.

And it was a beautiful sunset at the end of a beautiful day.

No comments: