Friday, August 24

Painting before and after

I wanted to wait and show these photos once Remko comes back and we've put back the cool shoe holder and spray painted the ugly gold chandelier and sconce white, but I can't. :) I painted the entryway all day on Tuesday. ALL day--there's too many nooks and crannies in this space.... Here's the before: just plain white.

And after: baby blue, maybe a little lighter than I pictured in my head, but not bad.



I also painted above the fireplace in the living room. The last owners used it and had a plate collection on the mantel. You can see the circles in the ash, which is why Remko wanted to paint just this part before we paint the rest of the room yellow.

We compromised on the color and went a color lighter than I wanted. When I opened the paint, it was at least two shades lighter than I thought--a peachy orange. I'm hoping it grows on me because I don't like it, but I think Remko will. He wanted orange. I wanted terra cotta/rust. Maybe soon I'll post photos of the new paint.....or maybe I'll just live with it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blue walls, it really complements the wood tones in the room. Great job!

That Lucerne bridge--so sweet with all the little flowers dancing along the side :) Love the dusting of moss on the roof too, it looks like it's been there for years and years.

Katie

Anonymous said...

ohhh.. come paint my kitchen and back room!! You are sooooooooo good at it.

And I need a new shower stall... mm... want to come visit???

email.. me I have question for you too!

pat
http://patsloan.typepad.com/