As the avid lake watchers we've become, we had to get back from our honeymoon in time to see the celebration for the steam-paddle-ship Stadt Luzern, which was just renovated for its 80th birthday. All the steam ships sailed from Lucerne to Vitznau and back doing all kind of formations and carrying some VIPs. We were able to see most of it from our balcony, although Remko had to watch the "star" through the binoculars. (see the third photo) Maybe this is the reason why we came back a little early from Italy. Or was it because it was in the 40s and raining? Photos to come in the next couple of days.
I'm either sailing around the world with my Chief Officer husband, trying to sort out daily life in Switzerland, or visiting family and friends in the States. Wherever I am, I'd love to use this blog to share my adventures and photos and keep in touch with friends and family around the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment