Thursday, December 21

MIA Photos

A pop-up box suddenly appeared on my screen, thankfully in English: "You have less than 5% of your time remaining." What does that mean? I have 4% or 1%, how does that translate into minutes? So I published my last post minus the photos, thinking I would walk down to the reception desk and buy a new card. It's funny to me how quickly I forget ship life: there were no more internet cards until today. So I'm putting the photos up today, thank you for your patience, and adding two more. First, it poured rain this morning during my normal walking time, but as soon as it stopped, I was out there making my eight laps for a mile. Off toward shore there was a spot where the sun shined (shone?) through the clouds, and the mixture of hazy blues with the clouds and bits of sun was so beautiful.



Also, here is the much promised photo of our room, standing in the doorway. I was going to remove my writing pile from the bed and our clothes from the corner, but decided to give you the "lived-in" version. I also tried to take a photo of the bathroom, which is behind the cupboard to the left, but it's just about the size of an airplane bathroom with an extra foot of space for the shower and all I could get in the shot was a lot of beige, but nothing recognizable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be so expensive to be online on a ship. Thanks for keeping this journal so we can travel vicariously! Keep us updated.
Yuzhi

Jared said...

What does the rest of the ship look like on the inside. Where do you eat and hang out? Are you in your room all the time? Do they have a stage and stuff going on all the time?