Tuesday, December 19

Dust

Yesterday we were in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua, where I explored three years ago on a repositioning cruise with HAL, but not last week. It's the first port of our weekly cruise and we use tenders to go to the under-construction port area. Lots of dust and noise of construction, but a small band playing up-tempo greeted us first thing. The town was much like I remembered it, focused on the beautiful beach area with open-air restaurants stacked next to each other, like the boats and yachts in the harbor.





The town was also under construction and with the heavy wind came lots of dust stinging your face under the hot sun. Small businesses (really, really small) lined the streets and lots of local people walked the streets so I didn't feel comfortable taking a picture when I was walking. (Why is she taking a photo of me?) I snapped this quick one of the first street I saw on my way back to the ship. It doesn't capture the bright colors or many people, but it will give you an idea.




And last, I promised a photo of my finished Rutherford B. Hayes, so here you go. I'm currently working on James A. Garfield, the 20th president, and my stem stitch is getting better. Quilters, don't look too closely at Mr. Hayes....

3 comments:

Jared said...

The pictures did not show up yet.

Sounds like you are having a great time.

Anonymous said...

Leah, reading this makes me wish I was there!

Congrats to both you and Remko on your engagement.

Look forward to reading more of your adventures!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are really enjoying life - seeing wonders of the world - and happy as a beach in full sunshine! God Bless