Monday, February 25

Sailing with Stocking Caps

Last Sunday we visited Michiel and Sue and were lucky enough to be able to take their boat out for a little ride. It was a little chilly, so I had to borrow a stocking cap and a heavier fleece for under my winter coat, but it was sunny and the water was smooth.

I was so caught up in the scenery and talking with Sue that I forgot to take more photos, so you don't get to see me all bundled up, but you do get to look at a full-length shot of the boat.

They plan to rig a sail this summer and take it out for weekend trips around our huge lake. Maybe they'll come pick us up a time or two. Exciting times ahead.

Remko and I just booked our honeymoon in northern Italy this morning. Who gets to go to Italy on honeymoon? Ah! Exciting times are definitely ahead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be so exciting that they are on the same lake as you now.
Wow, what a year it is going to be!
And congrats on your quilts. They look so cool.
See you soon!
Lisa