
Arriving home on Wednesday, this is what I found in my room--a whole apartment squeezed into my old bedroom. As of today, it's all unpacked and mostly shoved into my closet. I'm leaving tomorrow and my two suitcases are sliding in at just under 50 pounds--49 and 46 to be exact. (I hope my scale is right....) It's such a strange process to be leaving again for ships after deciding to be done with that two years ago. Things change--and I'm reminded of that again and again, especially as I pack for Costa Rica. Yes, our itinerary has changed again. We'll be sailing on the Wind Star first through the Panama Canal and then to Costa Rica, where we'll spend the majority of our two month contract. The good thing about this quick change is that I know for sure that I'll be able to go with Remko--I even have my flights. Here's the map of the ports:

This first post is going to be short because I've got a load of clothes in the dryer, a playlist to create for my flight tomorrow, two bathrooms to clean, emails to respond to, and a date at Buck Burger Night at the local bar with the lake neighbors to get ready for. I'll write more in Switzerland when I get there on Wednesday!
5 comments:
Hello Leah,
I can't believe your plans have already changed. Good thing you're so flexible. We'll be waiting to hear about your adventures at sea!
Heidi
Hi Leah
It was nice to meet you in Switzerland. I wish you and Remko a good time at sea.
Paul
Hi Leah!
Did you get to Mt Rigi? How was your flight/connections? You left MN just in time. We have snow, below zero windchill, and single digit temps. Jewett Lake froze over Thurs, Nov 30.
I'm anxious for your next update regarding the ship,etc. Does Whac-a-Mole work??
Love you!
mom
Hey Leah-- When you're in Quepos, CR make sure you spend time in the Nauel Antonio Nat'l Park-- more monkeys than you've ever seen in your life!
And in Marenco (close to Drake Bay!) you can see native scarlet macaws-- amazing.
And PLaya del Coco, if it's the same one I'm thinking of is a pink beach! Fun fun!
Michelle Tolan
Congratiulations to the both of you!! Very strange to read this good news via the internet, but I don't know if you have received our sms last Sinterklaasavond? Probably not, so here is another good story: December 5th Brigitte and I had to celebrate our 6 year anniversary. Due to the fact that my brother and sister wanted to celebrate Sinterklaas my plans fall apart. That's why I surprised Brigitte last Monday with a trip to Paris where I also popped up the big question in the 3-Michelinstar restaurant from Alain Ducasse, Plaza Athenee. With a bottle of Dom Perignon 1976 champagne, 2 long poems and a 'surprise' (read in Dutch) with 17 small gifts, the chocolade-letters read WIL JE MET ME TROUWEN. Luckily her answer was without any doubt YES!!
To Remko:
Hi Fehrtje, ik geloof dat we samen heel wat bij te praten hebben. Wat een toch wel complete verrassing kreeg ik via Michiel te horen en daarna te lezen op Leah haar weblog! In ieder geval van harte gefeliciteerd!! Geniet heerlijk van de komende tijd en mooie voorbereidingen. Ik weet niet of je het saampjes op een onbewoond bounty-eiland gaat vieren, maar hoor van iedereen om me heen dat de voorbereidingen een leuke maar best zware periode zijn.
Veel groetjes en tot mails,
Sven en Brigitte
Post a Comment